Friday 2 November 2012

Week 12

After reviewing my plans with Murray during the previous tutorial it was clear my planning for the workshop needed to be rearranged to suit the form of the building/tents. I started investigating into u-shaped seating that are more appropriate for the activities and spaces in my mobile educational building. The space is arranged with three u-shaped tables to provide areas for efficient group discussions, adequate circulation space and so the speaker/teacher has a clear view of the tables. The tables are arranged to utilise the space in a way that is proposed more appropriately to the needs and desires in the arts and craft workshop.  As the Gallery Pavilion strongly focuses on education and group discussion I thought this design was suitable for this type of space. Below are a few development sketches I have proposed for the workshop, exhibition and cafe.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment